Started to begin planning fundraising for PTP trip and am working on trying to make an Eiffel Tower out of plywood. I'm going to stick it in people's lawns and ask for donations.
I live in Italy. I wish you could put your Eiffel Tower on my lawn. I wish I had a lawn. You could put it on my balcony... I love the word "moink". It could describe an irritating person (what a moink!) or a great mood or activity (I'm feeling really moink today. I think I'll take a moink with my best friend).
I also like the word "moink." I think of it as being onomatopoetic--much like Molly's "What a moink!"
You'd be welcome to put your Eiffel on my lawn, if I only had a lawn.... I have a parking lot. Sigh. You could put it on my idiot neighbor's car. ;) That would be funny. I would pay a lot for that treat.
Onomatopoeia is "the naming of a thing or action by a vocal imitation of the sound associated with it." Words like "zoom" and "boing" are onomatopoetic. I found that definition by going to the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary (http://www.m-w.com/).
4 Comments:
I live in Italy. I wish you could put your Eiffel Tower on my lawn. I wish I had a lawn. You could put it on my balcony...
I love the word "moink". It could describe an irritating person (what a moink!) or a great mood or activity (I'm feeling really moink today. I think I'll take a moink with my best friend).
By
molly, at March 22, 2005 at 12:32 AM
I also like the word "moink." I think of it as being onomatopoetic--much like Molly's "What a moink!"
You'd be welcome to put your Eiffel on my lawn, if I only had a lawn.... I have a parking lot. Sigh. You could put it on my idiot neighbor's car. ;) That would be funny. I would pay a lot for that treat.
Good luck on your fund-raising, Sparky Yankovic.
By
WriterGirl, at March 22, 2005 at 2:48 PM
Writergirl,
What does onomatopoetic mean?
By
Sparky, at March 24, 2005 at 7:36 AM
Hi Sparky,
Onomatopoeia is "the naming of a thing or action by a vocal imitation of the sound associated with it." Words like "zoom" and "boing" are onomatopoetic. I found that definition by going to the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary (http://www.m-w.com/).
--Writergirl
By
WriterGirl, at March 24, 2005 at 8:55 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home